Friday, July 13, 2018

Just back from my wanderings in Kerry and great to see my latest book is selling. Its  a niche market and will hardly a massive amount but I believe worth pursuing. I still have to convince people that a study of graveyards is a study of local history and heritage, a celebration of the artistic abilities of local stone masons and not connected to morbidity. The Kenmare Bookshop,  http://www.kenmare.ie/members/kenmare-book-shop/, is great little bookshop which is a treasure trove for books on the locality, many of them like my own, of  a small print run but interesting and valuable documents for anyone interested in local history. Its also great when you go into a bookshop run by people who know and love books. My apologies to the Kerry people of Beara for not mentioning them in my book. A great book on the area is "Tuosist 6000 Turas Staire go Tuath Ó Siosta" available in this bookshop as well as Kenmare Library.

I also stopped in at The Red Fox, near Killorglin, whom I can announce is now an official stockist of "Gone But Not Forgotten Historic Graves of Kerry".  While there I picked up a copy of "The Truth Behind the Irish Famine"  by local man Jerry Mulvihill.
https://www.jerrymulvihill.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment